|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chicken fat/Salad oil||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Broiler fryer chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut in 1 1/2 inch pieces|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Tomato||1 Medium, diced|
|Minced fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Monosodium glutamate||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green papayas||2 Medium, pared, seeded and cut in 3/4 inch cubes to make 4 cups|
1. In a pan in heated oil saute garlic until it begins to turn golden.
2. Cook adding chicken stirring frequently until it turns white, about 5 minutes.
3. Then add onion, tomato, and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes longer.
4. Add water, salt and monosodium glutamate, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Add papaya and simmer until it is firm-tender and begins to turn translucent, 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Serve the tinola hot with garnish as desired.
Calories 515 Calories from Fat 282
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.1%
Saturated Fat 9 g44.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 143.9 mg48%
Sodium 1075.6 mg44.8%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 37 g73.7%
Vitamin A 45.2% Vitamin C 185.9%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet