Creamy Chicken Kebab
|Freshly ground black pepper||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Powdered ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped onion||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Melted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yoghurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2) Rinse the chicken, dry thoroughly and prick the skin with a fork.
3) In a bowl, mix the salt, pepper, coriander and ginger together.
4) Rub the chicken thoroughly with the coriander mixture.
5) In a shallow roasting pan, place the chicken and roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
6) Grind the onions, turmeric, and butter together into a paste.
7) In a bowl, blend in the cream and yoghurt into the onion mixture and baste the chicken with half the onion mixture
8) Roast the chicken for further 1 1/4 hours or until tender, basting occasionally with the sauce.
9) Serve immediately on a serving platter.
Calories 568 Calories from Fat 371
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g65.6%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 218.5 mg72.8%
Sodium 801 mg33.4%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 40 g79.7%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 7.9%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet