|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Corn oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced beef||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Aubergine||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Mushrooms||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Tomato puree||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon|
1. Trim the ends from the marrow, peel the marrow and cut in half lengthways.
2. Scoop out the soft pith in the centre with a spoon.
3. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the marrow for 5 minutes until just tender but still crisp. Remove and drain well.
4. Place in an ovenproof dish to cool.
5. Peel and chop the onion and crush the garlic.
6. Place the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and garlic if used and cook for 10 minutes to soften without browning, stirring occasionally. Add the mince.
7.Cut the ends off the aubergine and chop the flesh coarsely.
8. Wash and chop mushrooms and add to the pan with the aubergine.
9. Skin and chop the tomatoes, add to the mince with the puree, herbs and seasoning.
10. Stir and cook for 15 minutes.
11. Divide the mixture between the two marrow halves and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
12. Cook in a moderate oven (190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5) for 40 minutes.
13. Serve with saute potatoes and a tossed green salad.
Calories 705 Calories from Fat 368
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.5%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.4%
Trans Fat 1.7 g
Cholesterol 150.8 mg50.3%
Sodium 438.2 mg18.3%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.3%
Sugars 18.2 g
Protein 56 g111.1%
Vitamin A 32.8% Vitamin C 123.5%
Calcium 32% Iron 35.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet