Korean Hot Beef Soup
|Flank steak||4 Ounce, fat trimmed|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Low sodium soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger root||1 Teaspoon, peeled, minced|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Beef stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chinese cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Scallions||10 , thinly sliced|
|Mushrooms||8 , quartered|
|Tofu||8 Ounce, cubed|
1) Freeze the steak for about 30 minutes so that it can be sliced easily.
2) Cut the steak into paper-thin slices of about 1-inch length.
3) In a pie plate, mix together garlic, soy sauce, ginger, mustard and sesame oil. Add in the beef slices and coat them well with the spice mixture. Set aside to marinate.
4) In a 3-quart saucepan, add in the beef stock, cabbage, scallions, mushrooms and vinegar.
5) Let the mixture come to a boil before simmering for about 10 minutes.
6) In a non-stick frying pan, sear the marinated beef on medium flame for about 5 minutes.
7) When both sides of the steak are seared well, add it along with the pan juices into the simmering vegetable mixture.
8) Lastly, add in the cubed tofu. Cook for about 5 minutes.
9) Serve the Korean Hot Beef Soup garnished with a few finely chopped scallions.
Calories 143 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.4%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.5 mg2.5%
Sodium 484 mg20.2%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 15 g29.2%
Vitamin A 38.8% Vitamin C 40.7%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet