|Smoked trout||8 Ounce|
|Bulgur||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Minced fresh dill||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped red onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Capers||2 Tablespoon, drained, rinsed|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomato||1 Large, cut into 1/2-inch dice|
1. Remove the fillets from the smoked trout; peel off the skin. Break the fish into 1/2- to 3/4-inch pieces.
2. In a large bowl, pour 2 cups of warm water over the bulgur, cover and let soak for about 1 hour, until the grains are puffed and softened.
3. Line a sieve with a double thickness of dampened cheesecloth and drain the bulgur into the sieve. Draw up the ends of the cheesecloth and gently squeeze the bundle until all the excess moisture is removed.
4. Place the bulgur in a large salad bowl and toss with the olive oil and lemon juice. Add the trout, dill, red onion, capers, salt and pepper; toss well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, until chilled.
5. Before serving, add the tomato and toss into the salad.
Calories 370 Calories from Fat 172
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.9%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 344.6 mg14.4%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.8%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 17 g34.3%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 27.7%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet