Pork And Vegetable Kebabs
|Pork loin||5 Ounce (140 Grams)|
|Eggplant||1 Small (2 Inches)|
|Leeks/1/2 onion bulb||1|
|Vegetable oil||3 Cup (48 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Orange/Lemon||1 , sliced (For Garnish)|
|Worcestershire sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fine Ones)|
1. Slice eggplant into 1/2-inch (1 1/2-cm) rounds and soak in cold water for 5 minutes. Pat dry with paper towel. Cut bell pepper into 4 pieces, leek into 1-inch (2 1/2 -cm) lengths (or quarter onion), and pork into 8 bite-sized pieces.
2. Mix SAUCE ingredients.
3. Make 4 skewers of pork and eggplant, and 4 skewers of pork, bell pepper, and leek. (Skewered foods should be touching.)
4. Lay out BREADING ingredients. Sprinkle skewers with salt and pepper. Coat skewered foods with flour, egg-and-water mixture, and bread crumbs in that order.
5. Heat oil in a wok or skillet to medium deep-frying temperature (340°F/170°C). Deep-fry 4 skewers at one time, turning once, until pork is cooked and skewers are browned on both sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
6. If desired, wrap skewer ends in foil for easier handling when serving. Garnish serving platter with orange (or lemon) slices and serve with sauce as a dip (or pour over skewered food).