Oriental Pork Toasts
|Ground pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Garlic clove||2 Small, minced|
|Green onions||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), sliced|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|White bread slice||16|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon, melted|
1. Trim the crusts off the bread slices and flatten each one with a rolling pin. Set aside till required
2. Cut celery stalks into sixty-four 1-inch lengths. Set aside till required
3. In a 10-inch straight-sided fry pan, place the pork and the garlic and sautÃ© over medium heat for 8 minutes.
4. When the pork cooks through, add the green onions, soy sauce, and sautÃ© for two minutes more
5. Use a slotted spoon to move the mixture into a food processor bowl or blender. Add the sesame seeds to the blender bowl and blend till smooth.
6. On the prepared bread slices, spread out one tablespoon of the pork mixture and roll it up along the long edge. Chill for one hour
7. Cut the bread rolls into four equal pieces.
8. Thread each bread roll and the celery piece alternately on to the skewers. Attach skewer guards to the skewers
9. Brush with butter and insert the skewers into the Kabob-lt base
10. Cover and cook for 14-16 minutes till browned
11. Serve hot with mustard.