|Shank end lamb leg||5 Pinch|
|Shank-end leg of lamb||5 Pound|
|Low calorie italian style dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bottled low calorie italian style dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. To prepare the lamb cut it from bone and trim fat from meat.
2. Cut into 40 cubes, each about 1-1/2 inches.
3. Take a shallow baking dish and place the pieces in it.
4. In 1-cup measure, mix well combining dressing, lemon juice, garlic salt and pepper.
5. Pour over lamb and turn meat to coat all pieces well.
6. Refrigerate, covered for 4 hours and trim mushrooms.
7. Wash tomatoes and zucchini and cut zucchini into 1-inch pieces.
8. Cut green pepper into 1-inch squares.
9. On each of 10 skewers, arrange a cherry tomato, lamb cube, mushroom, lamb cube, green-pepper square, lamb cube, zucchini chunk, lamb cube and square of green pepper.
10. Broil, about 4 inches from heat, turning once, until of desired doneness and browned—about 20 minutes for medium.
11. Serve with any tangy sauce as desired.
Calories 481 Calories from Fat 278
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.5%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g66.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152.4 mg50.8%
Sodium 389.2 mg16.2%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.93 g3.7%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 43 g86.9%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 36.6%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 23.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet