Oriental Whole Fish
|Whole fish/Salmon trout / lake trout / whitefish / red snapper / pickerel||2 Pound, leaned|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Black beans||1 Tablespoon, fermented, rinsed and chopped|
|Ginger root||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Green onions||2 , julienned|
|Carrot||1 Small, julienned|
1. To prepare the fish remove its head, then if desired cut off its tail and slash skin diagonally 3 times on each side.
2. On a microwaveable serving platter place the prepared fish.
3. In a bowl make the marinade sauce by combining soy sauce, sherry, black beans, ginger and oil.
4. Spoon the prepared sauce into the fish cavity as well as over fish and marinate for 15 minutes.
5. With onions sprinkle over the fish and cover with vented plastic wrap.
6. Microwave at High for 5 to 8 minutes, rotating the dish twice and basting with marinade halfway through.
7. Let it microwave until the fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with fork close to backbone,
8. Sprinkle with carrot optionally and serve.
Calories 154 Calories from Fat 32
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.5%
Saturated Fat 0.14 g0.68%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 462.1 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.86 g3.5%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 25 g49.3%
Vitamin A 67.4% Vitamin C 4.1%
Calcium 36.7% Iron 40.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet