|Sweet butter||1⁄2 Pound, softened|
|Confectioner' s sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Split blanched almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease several cookie sheets.
2. In large bowl of electric mixer, at medium speed, beat butter until light.Gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy.At low speed, beat in flour until well combined.
3. On lightly floured pastry cloth, roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into rounds with a 1-inch cookie cutter.
4. Place, 1 inch apart, on cookie sheets. Place an almond half on each.
5. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until pale golden color.
6. Remove and let it cool 1 minute on cookie sheet, then carefully lift to wire rack to cool.Makes about 5 dozen.
7. Serve with tea.