Oriental Broiled Beef Salad
|Rice wine vinegar/White wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Toasted sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger root||1 Teaspoon, grated (Salad Oil - 1/2 Cup)|
|Grated ginger root||1 Teaspoon|
|Pepper red||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Salad Oil - 1/2 Cup)|
|Red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) (Salad Oil - 1/2 Cup)|
|Sirloin steak||12 Ounce (Salad Oil - 1/2 Cup)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Romaine||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Beef sirloin steak||12 Ounce|
|Torn romaine||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Endive||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Torn curly endive||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Large, cut into strips (Salad Oil - 1/2 Cup)|
|Sweet pepper||1 Large, cut into strips (red / yellow variety)|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
|Baby pear tomatoes/Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
|Pistachio nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Enoki mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped pistachio nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a jar with a tight fitting lid, add the sugar, salad oil, vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, gingerroot, and red pepper together.
2) Cover the jar tightly and shake to blend the dressing thoroughly.
3) In a shallow dish, place the steak and pour over 1/3cup dressing; refrigerate rest of the dressing.
4) Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 6 to 24 hours, turning the steak occasionally.
5) Preheat the broiler.
6) Remove the steak, place on an unheated rack of broiler pan and reserve the dressing.
7) Place the pan 4 to 5 inches from heat and broil the steak for 6 minutes; for a medium cooked steak, broil for another 6 to 9 minutes.
8) Turn and broil the steak, occasionally basting with the reserved marinade.
9) Cut the broiled steak into thin slices and divide into 4 equal portions.
10) In a very large bowl, add the romaine, curly endive, sweet pepper strips, tomatoes and enoki mushrooms together; toss gently to mix.
11) Spoon the salad mixture on 4 serving plates, top each with sliced steak, sprinkle with the pistachio nuts and drizzle over the dressing.
Calories 837 Calories from Fat 548
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.8%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g58%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 79.9 mg26.6%
Sodium 260.2 mg10.8%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.4%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 44 g88.2%
Vitamin A 213.3% Vitamin C 204.9%
Calcium 18.5% Iron 32.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet