Oriental Pepper Steak
|Beef round tip steak||1 Pound|
|Low-sodium soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peanut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Green pepper||3 , cut into 1-inch squares|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 , cut into wedges|
|Cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1) Across the grain, slice the beef diagonally into very thin slices. Freezing the meat for about 1 hour beforehand will make slicing easier.
2) Combine together the starch and ginger in a small bowl. Add the soy sauce and stir well.
3) Over the beef, pour the soy sauce mixture. Stir well.
4) In a wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
5) Add the beef and stir-fry till the meat is brown. Remove the beef from the wok.
6) Reduce the heat and add the onion, garlic, pepper and water to the wok and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes.
7) Add the meat and tomatoes and stir well. Heat the ingredients thoroughly.
8) Serve hot with cooked rice as a main dish.
Calories 596 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.5%
Saturated Fat 0.83 g4.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 332.5 mg13.9%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 37 g73.6%
Vitamin A 18.6% Vitamin C 168.7%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet