|Beef tripe||1⁄2 (Menudo)|
|Nixtamal/Hominy||15 Pound (1 Packet)|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, rinsed and chopped (As Required)|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, rinsed, chopped (As Required)|
|Green onion||1 , finely sliced (For Garnish)|
|French bread||1 , sliced, toasted (For Serving)|
1) Clean the beef tripe thoroughly.
2) Slice the tripe into fine strips.
3) In a large saucepan, add the tripe strips and enough water to boil them.
4) After about 2 to 3 hours, add in the nixtamal.
5) Continue cooking till the nixtamal has swelled up, is soft and has cooked through.
6) Season the soup with with salt.
7) Garnish the Menudo with finely sliced green onions and chopped cilantro.
8) Serve slices of toasted French Bread on the side.