|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Reduced calorie margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Tempeh||12 Ounce, cut into 1-inch wide strips (Fermented Soybean Cake)|
|Tempeh||12 Ounce (Fermented Soybean Cake)|
|Canned tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Tomato puree||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Heat the margarine in a 9-inch non-stick skillet till it is bubbly.
2) Add the onion and garlic. Saute till the onion is soft.
3) Add the tempeh and sautÃ© for a few minutes, till it has turned light brown in color on all the sides.
4) Add all the remaining ingredients and stir well.
5) Reduce the heat and cover the skillet.
6) Gently simmer for about 15 minutes in order to blend the flavors.
7) Serve hot.