Cannellini Bean Hummus
|Dried cannellini beans/3 cups of canned beans, drained and rinsed||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), picked over, rinsed, and soaked overnight|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), peeled and minced|
|Lemon juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Scallions||5 , trimmed and thinly sliced|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, diced|
1) In a pot, place the dried beans.
2) Add enough water to cover the beans and bring to a boil.
3) Reduce the heat, and simmer until the beans turn tender, for 45 minutes.
4) Drain well and cool the beans.
5) Transfer the cooled beans to a food processor or blender.
6) Add garlic, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil, and 1/2 cup of water.
7) Blend until the ingredients are smooth.
8) Add more water, if required, to attain the desired consistency.
9) Transfer to a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
10) To this, stir in the scallions and tomatoes.
11) Refrigerate the hummus for 3 hours.
12) Serve as required.