Korean Bean Sprout Salad
|Mung bean sprouts||1 Pound|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs) (Boiling)|
|Green onion tops||6|
|Pepper||1⁄2 (Red Or Green)|
|Oriental sesame oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Low sodium soy sauce/Regular soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Large, pressed|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Sesame seeds||4 Tablespoon, hulled|
1) Rinse bean sprouts, place in a colander and pour over boiling water.
2) In a large bowl, drain and place the bean sprouts.
3) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the green onions until finely minced and add to sprouts.
4) Add green pepper to the processor bowl, process until coarsely chopped and add to the spouts.
5) Add sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, salt and cayenne, toss gently to mix.
6) In a non-stick pan, toast the sesame seeds over a medium heat until light brown and add to the salad.
7) Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to blend.
8) Spoon into individual serving dishes and serve immediately