Naan Bread With Curried Vegetable Kebabs
|Natural yogurt||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Mint/1 teaspoon dried mint||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Pinch|
|New potatoes||8 Small|
|Zucchini||1 , diced|
|Mushrooms||8 (Crimini Or Closed-Cup)|
|Naan bread||4 (To Serve)|
|Mint||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
1. Make the spiced yogurt baste, by blending all the ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate it until required.
2. Wash and scrub the potatoes
3. Cook them in boiling salted water until just tender.
4. Drain them when cooked.
5. Dice the eggplant into and sprinkle them generously with salt in a colander.
6. Drain for 15 minutes
7. Rinse off salt and drain well.
8. On the seasoned skewers, alternately thread the vegetables.
9. Arrange the kabobs in a shallow dish and coat with the yogurt baste.
10. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
11. Prepare the barbecue.
12. Wrap the naan breads in foil.
13. Place on the barbecue to warm them, turning occasionally.
14. Grill the marinated kebabs, basting with remaining spiced yogurt and turning them occasionally until lightly charred on all sides.
15. Un-skewer the kabobs on warmed Indian bread
16. Garnished with fresh mint and wrap.
17. Serve immediately.
Calories 345 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.9%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.5 mg3.2%
Sodium 966.4 mg40.3%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g42.9%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 12 g23.7%
Vitamin A 43.6% Vitamin C 80.3%
Calcium 17.6% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet