|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), evaporated|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 , stiffly beaten|
1) In 1/2 cup of skim milk, soften the gelatin.
2) In a pan, heat the evaporated milk with the sugar and salt.
3) Add the softened gelatin and stir until dissolved.
4) Cool thoroughly.
5) Gradually add the lemon peel and juice to the cooled gelatin mixture, stirring constantly.
6) Pour the mix into ice cube trays.
7) Place in the freezer, till it turns mushy.
8) Now, remove from the freezer and fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.
9) Return to the freezer until firm.
10) Remove and transfer to a chilled bowl. Beat until fluffy.
11) Refreeze and serve chilled.