1. In a large pot combine rice, water and salt, on medium high heat bring the water to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium low and cook the rice for 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked with a covered lid, stir occasionally.
2. Once the rice is cooked, pour the milk and half and half, stir well, on medium high heat bring the milk to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot and cook for 55 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes.
3. After 30 minutes add the sugar and stir well, put the lid and continue to cook for the remaining cook time.
4. After 55 minutes stir and add the cardamom, rose water, stir and cook for 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes, turn off the heat and let the rice pudding chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.
6. In three serving cups, put large spoonful of the rice pudding in each.
7. First serving cup, garnish with green raisins, apricots and sprinkle pinch of cinnamon.
8. Second serving cup, garnish with toasted almonds and top it with jam of your choice.
9. For the third, garnish with jam of your choice.
10. Serve the Shir Berenj chill after a hearty meal.