|Organic beef||3 Pound, cut into thin large strips (Korean style beef ribs used)|
|Pear/Asian pear||1 Medium, pureed (Ripe pear used)|
|Brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Cooked)|
|For the marinade|
|Lemon||1⁄2 Medium, juiced|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, juiced (Juiced from grated ginger)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, chopped|
|Sesame oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|For the rice dressing|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rice vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1 Dash|
|Orange zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a food processor puree the pieces of pear and add lemon juice to it while pureeing.
2. In a bowl add the pureed pear, garlic, juice form grated ginger, onion, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, soy sauce and brown sugar. Whisk all the ingredients till combined well.
3. Pour the marinade over the beef strips so that its coated evenly. Put it in a container and refrigerate overnight or at least for an hour.
4. In a container add all the ingredients for the rice dressing except the black sesame seeds and shake the container closed, so that the ingredients mix well and set it aside.
5. Grill the ribs for about 3 minutes per side.
6. In a bowl serve the warm brown rice and pour the dressing over the rice and mix it so that its well distributed over the rice. Add black sesame seeds and mix.
7. Serve the warm kalbi out of the grill with rice and kimchi. Also serve a carrot slaw made with cilantro and lemon juice to add flavor to the dish.
Calories 705 Calories from Fat 355
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.4%
Trans Fat 1.7 g
Cholesterol 140.6 mg46.9%
Sodium 3153.5 mg131.4%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 50 g101%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 13.3%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 35.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet