|Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced, divided (Green Onions)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ginger root||1⁄2 Teaspoon, pared|
|Quick cooking rice||1 1⁄2 Ounce, uncooked|
|Canned low sodium chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Ready To Serve)|
|Seasoned rice vinegar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a 2-cup microwavable casserole, blend 1/4 cup scallions, the garlic, and gingerroot.
2. Cover the casserole and cook on High for 1 minute.
3. Stir in rice and broth; cook covered on High for 6 minutes; stir after every 2 minutes of cooking.
4. Reduce the heat and cook Medium for another 6 minutes; stir after every 2 minutes of cooking.
5. Stir in rest of the scallions and vinegar.
6. Let it stand for 1 minute.
7. Fluff rice with a fork.
8. Serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 203 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.86 g1.3%
Saturated Fat 0.24 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 92.8 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 8 g15.2%
Vitamin A 10.5% Vitamin C 19.4%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet