|Shrimp in shells||1 Pound (Large Ones)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Thai fish sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Fresh cilantro roots and stems||2 Tablespoon, minced, strings removed|
|Peppercorns||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|White peppercorns||1 Teaspoon, lightly crushed|
|Cilantro sprigs||4 (Whole)|
1) Rinse the shrimp under cold water. Drain and set aside.
2) In a saucepan, mix the water, brown sugar, and fish sauce.
3) Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
4) Add the garlic, minced cilantro, and pepper.
5) Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil, for 6 to 7 minutes, until the sauce thickens slightly.
6) Add the shrimp and cook over medium heat for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring constantly and coating the shrimp with sauce, until just cooked through. 7) Remove to a bowl and let cool to room temperature.
8) Chill the shrimp in the refrigerator up to 1 hour, tossing the shrimp twice in the sauce.
9) With a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp to a bowl and garnish decoratively with cilantro sprigs.
10) Serve the shrimps in small bowls or plates.
Calories 203 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.2%
Saturated Fat 0.38 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.4 mg57.5%
Sodium 720.3 mg30%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.65 g2.6%
Sugars 13.9 g
Protein 25 g50.2%
Vitamin A 16.9% Vitamin C 9.8%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet