Syrup For Sherbet
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , squeezed|
1. In a small stainless steel or enameled saucepan, combine sugar and water.
2. Place pan over medium flame and bring to the boil, stirring till the sugar dissolves.
3. Boil for 10 minutes, skimming off any scum that rises.
4. Stir in lemon juice.
5. Let cool slightly then strain through a sieve lined with cheesecloth.
6. Store in a bottle or pitcher in the refrigerator, until required
7. Use this syrup to make ices, drinks and sherbets