Riad's Baba Ghanouj
|Eggplants||3 Pound (2 Eggplant, 1 1/2 Pound Each)|
|Tahini sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Flat-leaf parsley||3 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Fresh mint leaves||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) With a fork, pierce the eggplants in several places.
3) Wrap them separately in aluminum foil.
4) On a baking sheet, place the wrapped eggplants and bake until soft, for about 45 minutes.
5) Unwrap the eggplants and let stand until cool enough to handle.
6) Cut the eggplants lengthwise into half and carefully remove all the flesh, discarding the seeds and the skin.
7) Coarsely chop the eggplant flesh.
8) In a bowl, place the chopped eggplant.
9) Add the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, 2 teaspoons of parsley, mint, salt and pepper. Mix well.
10) Transfer to a serving bowl, drizzle the olive oil over the top, and sprinkle with the remaining teaspoon of parsley.
11) Serve at room temperature.