Oriental Chicken Salad
|Yellow onion||1 Medium, halved and stuck with 4 cloves|
|Cloves||4 , halved and stuck with 4 cloves (Stuck With Yellow Onion)|
|Carrots||2 , peeled and cut into 3 pieces|
|Parsley stems||2 (Several Stems)|
|Whole black peppercorns||12|
|Chicken breast halves||6 (Bone In, Skin On)|
|Virgin olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Scallion (white and green)||2 , chopped|
|Cornichon||2 , sliced thinly on the diagonal|
|Fresh coriander leaves/Watercress||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a large, heavy pot, measure and add 4 quarts of water.
2. Place it on heat and add the onion, carrots, bay leaf, parsley stems, peppercorns, and salt.
3. Bring the pot to a boil and reduce the heat. Do not cover.
4. Simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Now add the chicken breasts and bring again to the boil
6. Reduce heat again, and simmer partially covered for 20 minutes.
7. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
8. Once cooled, remove the breasts and discard the skin.
9. Tear the meat from the bones and into large pieces.
10. In a bowl with the olive oil, place the chicken pieces.
11. Let the bowl stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
12. Add the vinegar, soy sauce, red onion, scallions, cornichon pickles, and coriander to this.
13. Toss everything together.
14. Season the salad with freshly ground black pepper.
15. Serve the salad immediately.
You can strain and reserve broth for another use.