|Egg noodles||4 Ounce, cooked and drained (Catelli, Medium Or Broad)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sliced and cooked|
|Mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sliced|
|Water chestnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1) Rinse cooked noodles and keep aside.
2) In a saucepan, heat oil and butter.
3) Add the chicken and mushrooms in the saucepan, stirring occasionally. Fry till chicken turns brown.
3) Add chestnuts.
4) Meanwhile, combine cornstarch, water and soya sauce.
5) Add this to the saucepan along with chicken stock.
6) Simmer the soup for 10 to 15 minutes or until the chicken and mushrooms are tender.
7) Add salt and pepper to taste and turn off the flame.
8) Gradually add cooked noodles.
9) Serve hot, garnished with chopped scallions.