Chopped Salad with Asian Vinaigrette
|For the salad:|
|Corn||1 , shucked|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Romaine lettuce||1 , chop|
|Celery stalks||6 , chop|
|Green onions||6 , chop|
|Cucumber||1 , chop|
|Cherry tomatoes||10 , chop|
|Sweet onions||1 , chop|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sunflower seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the asian vinaigrette:|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Safflower oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the tuna:|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Blackened seasoning||3 Tablespoon|
1. In a plate, add the corn and asparagus and drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper.
2. For the vinaigrette: In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, red wine vinegar and safflower oil.
3. For the tuna: In a plate, pour out the olive oil along with the blackening seasoning.
4. Drench the tuna in this mix on all sides.
5. Place the seasoned corn and asparagus on a grill between 450-500 degrees Fahrenheit. This should take between 6-8 minutes to finish.
6. Remove from the grill and let the corn and asparagus cool off in the refrigerator for a few minutes. Once cooled, chop the asparagus and the corn off the cob.
7. In a bowl, mix together the chopped corn, asparagus, romaine lettuce, celery stalks, green onions, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, sweet onions, sprouts, Parmesan cheese and sunflower seeds.
8. Add the dressing to the bowl and toss well.
9. On a hot grill between 400-500 degrees Fahrenheit, place the seasoned tuna and grill for 3 minutes on each side for a medium rare consistency.
10. Plate the salad with the tuna over it and serve.