Great Turkish Hamburgers
|Lamb||1 Pound, ground|
|Beef||1 Pound, ground|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), coarsely grated|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Oregano||1 Teaspoon, dried|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Coarse salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, coarsely ground|
|French bread rolls||8|
|Italian frying peppers||2 , sauteed, thinly sliced strips (Or Use As Required)|
|Tomatoes||2 , thinly sliced (As Required)|
|Shallots||2 , thinly sliced, tossed with minced parsley (As Required)|
|Minced parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Tossing With Shallots)|
1) Preheat the broiler or grill with medium-hot coals.
2) In a large bowl, mix all the burger ingredients together.
3) Shape the meat mixture into 8 oval patties, about 3 inches long, 2 inches across, and about 1 inch thick.
4) Grill or broil the patties for 8 minutes on the one side and 5 minutes on another side.
5) Halve the rolls and remove some bread from the centers.
6) Place the patties in the rolls and serve immediately with a platter of toppings.
Calories 331 Calories from Fat 156
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.6 mg24.2%
Sodium 421.5 mg17.6%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 25 g50.7%
Vitamin A 17.1% Vitamin C 21.5%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet