This dish is made with fresh Asian Noodles and is great with any stir-fry or teriyaki entree!
9 Ounce (thin style)
2 , thinly sliced
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Bring a saucepan full of water to boil over high heat. Add the noodles and salt to the boiling water and cook until noodles are done, about 3 minutes.
2. Drain in a strainer and transfer them to a bowl, then immediately add the scallions and carrots to the noodles and toss with tongs, until mixed well and set aside.
3. In a 12" non-stick saute pan, heat oil over medium heat. When the oil is hot, spread the noodles evenly across the bottom of the pan and press with a non-stick spatula to flatten. Cook until crisp and golden on the bottom, about 5 minutes.
4. Take a plate and turn it over on top of the pan. With a towel or potholder, hold the plate on the pan while you turn everything upside down. The noodle cake will now be on the plate, crispy side up.
5. Add another 1 T. of oil to the pan and slide the noodle cake back into the pan to cook on the other side. Cook until the second side is browned, about 3-5 minutes.
6. Slide the noodle cake onto a cutting board then slice into wedges to serve.
7. Serve warm and enjoy!
You can also put the noodle cake in the oven on warm until you're ready to serve.