Jewel Of The Nile Chicken Kebabs
|Plain non fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 1⁄2 Clove (7.5 gm), minced to make 1 1/2 teaspoons|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Bell pepper||1 Small, cut into 1 inch pieces (Yellow / Orange Variety)|
|Yellow squash||1 , cut into 1/4 inch-thick rounds|
|Onions||2 Small, cut into 1/2 inch wedges|
|Herbed couscous with lemon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Prepare the grill.
2) In a bowl add all the marinade ingredients and mix well.
3) Put chicken in the marinade and toss to coat well.
4) Cover with a plastic wrap and chill for 20 minutes.
5) In a pot of boiling water add pepper and blanch for 2 minutes.
6) Remove with a slotted spoon and drain.
7) In the hot boiling water blanch the summer squash for 1 minute.
8) Remove with a slotted spoon and drain.
9) In 6 long skewers alternate chicken cubes, peppers, yellow squash, onions, and cherry tomatoes.
10) Place the skewers on the prepared grill 4 to 6 inches from the glowing coals. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side till the chicken cooked.
11) Alternately, the kebabs can also be broiled.
12) Serve with couscous.