|Lean ground beef/Lamb||1 Pound|
|Bulgur wheat||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely crushed|
|Walnuts/Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1 Small, minced / grated|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain low fat yogurt||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. To prepare the crushed wheat rinse, drain and let it stand for 10 minutes.
3. In a skillet, brown the nuts with a small amount of oil or margarine.
4. With the ground meat, onion, salt, pepper and cinnamon mix the wheat well, adding 1/2 cup of water as you mix.
5. In a flat layer in the bottom of an oiled cake pan (8 x 8 inch or 8 x 10 inch) pat half the meat mixture, sprinkle the toasted nuts over the meat layer and pat out the remaining meat mixture over the nuts.
6. Retain the mixture in the pan and cut into squares or diamond-shaped pieces.
7. With margarine, dot over the cut pieces and bake for about 30 minutes.
8. Serve hot with the desired garnish.