Meat And Poultry Joie's Lamb Shish Kebabs
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated fresh ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced to make 1 teaspoon|
|Ground turmeric||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne||1 1⁄4 Pinch (Good Pinch)|
|Lean lamb||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Green peppers||2 , cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Onions||2 , cut into 1 inch thick wedges|
|Ripe cherry tomatoes/2 ripe tomatoes cut into eighths||16|
1) In a bowl prepare the marinade combining all ingredients and stir well.
2) Add lamb, peppers, and onions. Toss well to coat.
3) Let stand the mixture in marinate for 1 hour.
4) Prepare the grill.
5) On 4 large skewers or 8 small skewers arrange the meat, onions, peppers, and tomatoes alternately.
6) Baste marinade on the tomatoes.
7) Place the skewers on prepared grill, 4 inches from heated coals.
8) Cook for 10 minutes, turning frequently, for medium-rare lamb.
9) Alternately, broil skewers set on a rack 4 inches from a preheated broiler.
10) To cut short time, in a bowl place lamb, onions, and peppers covered with 1 cup Reduced-Fat Italian Dressing. Marinate in refrigerator overnight, arrange in skewer and cook the next day.
11) Serve hot.
Calories 452 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.2%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 139.3 mg5.8%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.6%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 59 g117.9%
Vitamin A 15.3% Vitamin C 136.4%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet