|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped shallots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||To Taste, stemmed, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch dice|
|Ripe beefsteak tomatoes||1 , seeded and coarsely chopped|
|Prunes||1 Cup (16 tbs), pitted, quartered|
|Fresh rosemary leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Phyllo dough sheets||12|
|Clarified butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted (2 Sticks)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. In a medium-size nonstick skillet, heat oil over low heat.
3. Stir in shallots and pepper.
4. Stir frequently and cook for 15 minutes.
5. Add tomato, prunes, honey, rosemary, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
6. Stir occasionally and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes until all the liquid are absorbed.
7. Lay the phyllo pastry sheets on a dish towel.
8. Cover the pastry sheets with a piece of waxed paper and slightly dampen the dish towel.
9. On a clean surface, place 1 pastry sheet.
10. Brush it with melted butter all over.
11. Lay another of phyllo over the first and brush butter all over the surface.
12. Cut the narrow side of the pastry sheet into 6 strips of 3-inch-width.
13. Place 1 teaspoon of the filling 1 inch from the bottom in the center of each strip.
14. Fold one corner of the strip across the filling and continue to fold till the end as if you were folding a flag.
15. Tuck the end under the edges.
16. Repeat the same process of laying, stuffing and folding for five more times until 36 triangles are prepared.
17. On a baking sheet, place the stuffed pastry and brush with butter.
18. Bake them in oven for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
19. Serve immediately.
Calories 524 Calories from Fat 338
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.9%
Saturated Fat 20.8 g104.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87.1 mg29%
Sodium 241.8 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 14.4 g
Protein 4 g8.3%
Vitamin A 12.1% Vitamin C 7.5%
Calcium 5% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet