|Chicken||1 Large, split down the breast bone (Fresh Local, Spatchcock)|
|Coconut cream||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Second Pressing)|
|Fried onion flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilies||3 (Fresh Red / Green Variety)|
|Fresh chili||3 (Red / Green Variety)|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh turmeric||2 Inch|
|Fresh green ginger||2 Inch|
1) In a mortar, pound rempah ingredients until fine.
2) Divide into two portions. Sprinkle one portion over flesh of chicken. Let stand for half an hour.
3) In a pan heat oil and fry the second portion of rempah until fragrant.
4) Add second pressing of the coconut cream with salt and lemon grass.
5) Heat slowly and add the chicken.
6) Boil the mixture and simmer for 3/4 hour gently until the chicken is cooked.
7) Regularly baste chicken with sauce throughout cooking.
8) Take out the chicken and lemon grass from the sauce.
9) Place the meat to a grill pan or charcoal fire to brown the flesh for sometime. Baste with the hot sauce frequently.
10) Mix the first pressing coconut cream to the sauce and cook for sometime to thicken.
11) Garnish with onions and fresh tomato wedges.