Chicken Salad Oriental
|Cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts||3⁄4 Pound, diced|
|Cooked boned skinless chicken breast meat||3⁄4 Pound, diced|
|Canned mandarin oranges in juice||10 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Sliced water chestnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green onion||4 Tablespoon|
|Chopped red pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped pepper red||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Plain non-fat yogurt/Yogurt cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain non fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mashed banana||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Apple cider vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Pepper white||1 Dash|
|Chopped romaine lettuce/Dark leafy greens of choice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1.In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, one half of the canned orange, water chestnuts, 2 tablespoons of chopped onions and red peppers.
2. In a food processor or using a blender, combine yogurt, banana, honey, lemon juice, vinegar, ginger and white pepper. Blend until smooth and pureed.
3. Add the puree mix to the chicken and vegetables. Toss and mix well till incorporated. Refrigerate
4. Using a serving salad plate, place a iced romaine lettuce.
5. Spoon the chilled chicken salad on top. 6.Arrange the remaining orange slices around the lettuce.
7. Sprinkle the salad with ther remaining chopped onions, as a garnish