Fumi Salad: On the Side #2
|Cabbage head||1 , thinly sliced|
|Ramen noodles||6 Ounce (2 packets along with the spices)|
|Cooked diced chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Toasted slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Toasted sesame seeds||6 Tablespoon|
|Sliced scallions||6 Tablespoon|
|Grated carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rice vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Place a meat into a microwave safe casserole dish with some water, salt & pepper and poach the chicken. Place lid on and microwave 6-10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
2. In a small pan on medium high heat toast the almonds while chicken is poaching.
3. After about 3 minutes, add the sesame seeds. Once both the nuts and seeds are nicely browned which might take about 1 more minute take pan off the heat.
4. Place cabbage in large bowl. Add sliced scallions and broken up Ramen noodles.
5. Save the ﬂavor packets for the dressing. Add toasted almonds, sesame seeds & carrots and toss well. Dice up the cooled chicken and mix into bowl with cabbage.
6. Mix together canola oil, rice wine vinegar, sugar and ﬂavor packets from Ramen noodles.
7. Pour dressing onto salad and begin mixing together and refrigerate.
8. Serve cold and enjoy!
This salad should be made at least a few hours before serving. That way the dressing ﬂavors the cabbage and the chicken. The noodles also begin to soften. Great served with grilled chicken or ﬁsh!
Calories 788 Calories from Fat 459
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.2%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 42 mg14%
Sodium 584.7 mg24.4%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g38.2%
Sugars 21.1 g
Protein 24 g48.7%
Vitamin A 21.2% Vitamin C 95.7%
Calcium 31.5% Iron 38.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet