Oriental Pork With Tofu
|Pork tenderloin||8 Ounce (250 grams)|
|Groundnut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Tofu||10 Gram, drained, dried and cut into cubes (300 Grams, Packet)|
|Radish||8 Ounce, peeled and cut into matchsticks (250 Grams)|
|Snap peas||4 Ounce|
|Chinese leaves||8 Ounce, shredded (250 Grams)|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Corn flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||6 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Sherry vinegar/Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Chinese five spice powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Freeze steaks in a plastic bag for about 1 hour until it is just frozen.
2. Cut the steaks diagonally into 5 mm thick slices.
3. Cut the slices into thin strips.
4. In a jug, blend corn flour with 2 tablespoons of stock or water.
5. Mix the remaining stock or water in the remaining sauce ingredients; stir well.
6. In a wok, heat oil over moderate heat until just hot.
7. Add pork and garlic.
8. Stir-fry over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
9. Transfer the stir fried pork on a plate.
10. In the same wok, stir-fry tofu carefully over a moderate heat for about 1-2 minutes until lightly colored on all sides.
11. Remove tofu with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper and keep hot.
12. Then, stir fry radish and snap peas in the wok for 2 minutes.
13. Add Chinese leaves and stir-fry for more 1 minute.
14. Add the sauce mixture to the wok and bring it to boil over high heat.
15. Cook with constant stirring until the sauce thickens and turns glossy.
16. Return the pork along with the juices to the wok and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until the pork is tender and evenly combined with the vegetables.
17. Finally add tofu and mix gently.
18. Serve immediately and season with the sesame oil.