Chicken Breast And Asian Oyster Mushroom Sauce
|Chicken breast||1 Pound, whole, boned, skinned, and cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Dry sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||3 Tablespoon, freshly squeezed|
|Dark oriental sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground szechwan pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Scallions||4 , cut into 1 inch lengths|
|Celery stalks||2 , sliced|
|Snow pea pods||1⁄4 Pound|
|Red bell pepper||1 , stemmed, seeded and cut julienne|
|Dried oyster mushrooms/Other dried mushrooms, like shiitake||12 , sub-merged in 1 cup boiling water for 15 minutes, stemmed and coarsely chopped|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, washed, stemmed, and cut into thin slices (White Or Shiitake)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, dissolved in 2 tablespoons cold water|
1. In a small bowl, combine sherry, soy sauce, limejuice, and sugar together.
2. Set aside the bowl.
3. In a wok, heat the oils over high flame until very hot but not smoking.
4. Add ginger, pepper, and garlic in oil and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
5. Now add the chicken in it and sir-fry again for until the chicken pieces are seared on all sides.
6. Remove the preparation from the flame and set aside.
7. Now add scallions, celery, snow peas, mushrooms, and red pepper together and stir-fry all them for 2 minutes.
8. Return the chicken pieces to the pan and add the sauce in it.
9. Turn the flame into a higher one; cover the pan partially with a lid and then cook for more 2 minutes.
10. Add cornstarch mixture into the chick preparation and stir continuously till the mixture turns thick in its density. Cook for more one minute.
11. Serve the food immediately.