|Garbanzo beans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), soaked overnight|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Tahini/Sesame paste||1 Tablespoon (Sesame Paste)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Wash the garbanzo beans thoroughly and add to a heavy bottomed pan.
2. Cover with fresh water and bring to a boil.
3. Simmer beans for about 1 1/2 hours, until very tender.
4. Drain the beans when cooled, reserving the water liquid.
5. In a food processor jar, combine the boiled garbanzo beans along with garlic, tahini, and olive oil.
6. Pulse until coarsely ground.
7. Add a little of the reserved cooking liquid and blend into a thick paste.
8. Add salt and pepper and lemon juice to taste.
9. Empty out into a serving bowl and refrigerate to cool before serving.
10. Sprinkle paprika over the hummus and drizzle with olive oil if you like.
11. Serve with pita, falafel or veggie sticks.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1625 Calories from Fat 1103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 126 g193.5%
Saturated Fat 17.1 g85.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 435 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34.1%
Dietary Fiber 29.2 g116.8%
Sugars 17 g
Protein 33 g66.2%
Vitamin A 55.1% Vitamin C 34%
Calcium 21.2% Iron 68.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet