Turkish Eggplant Salad
|Eggplants||2 Pound (2 Large Pieces)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Plain non fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dill||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Lemon zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely grated|
|Plum tomato||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), seeded, diced (For Garnish)|
|Plum tomato||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), seeded and diced (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) With the tip of a knife, pierce each eggplant a few times.
3) Wrap each in aluminum foil.
4) Bake in the preheated oven for an hour, until tender.
5) Let the eggplants stand until cool enough to handle. Then unwrap them.
6) Halve each one lengthwise and scoop the softened pulp into a food processor, discarding most of the seeds.
7) To the eggplant in the processor, add the oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Blend to combine. The texture should still be coarse.
8) Transfer to a bowl.
9) Gently fold in the yogurt, dill, and lemon zest.
10) Spoon the puree into a decorative bowl or spread it in a small oval dish. Garnish the top with the diced tomato.
Calories 112 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.7%
Saturated Fat 0.35 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.62 mg0.21%
Sodium 125.7 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.4%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 4 g8.2%
Vitamin A 16.8% Vitamin C 29.3%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet