Bali Sunrise Brunch
|Thin asparagus/32 spears||12 Ounce|
|Red bell peppers||4 , halved lengthwise and roasted (Use 12 In Number)|
|Apple cider vinaigrette||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped shallots||4 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped flat leaf parsley||4 Teaspoon|
1) Take the asparagus spears and snap off their tough ends.
2) Soften the spears by blanching them for 1 to 2 minutes in boiling water until just crisp, depending on size.
3) Drain them and rinse under cold running water.
4) Dry the spears gently and keep aside.
5) In the center of each of 4 plates, place 2 roasted pepper halves and then keep 8 spears asparagus, 2 per side, in a log-cabin style to border the peppers on each plate.
6) Sprinkle the cider vinaigrette evenly over the vegetables.
7) In a medium-size saucepan, mix 4 cups of water with 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar and bring it to a simmer.
8) Take a cup; break an egg into it and then slide the egg into the simmering water.
9) Cook the egg for 3 to 4 minutes, depending on desired consistency.
10) Using a slotted spoon, take off the egg from water and dip it immediately into a bowl of cold water to avoid further cooking.
11) Lightly slip the egg in a bowl of warm water to prevent the egg from cooling off.
12) Repeat the same process for remaining eggs.
13) On a paper towel, drain the eggs and remove any ragged egg white before serving.
14) Garnish with chopped shallots, a grind of black pepper, and chopped parsley and serve at once.
If you are using a small pan, always cook just one egg at a time as there is a possibility of the eggs sticking to each other.
Use a bigger pan and fill it with water if more than one egg is poached at a time.
Calories 137 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.5%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 80.6 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.7%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 10 g19.4%
Vitamin A 106.5% Vitamin C 288.8%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 20.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet