|Chicken breasts||3 , whole, skinless and boneless|
|Skinless boneless chicken breasts||3 (Use Whole)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon, peeled and finely chopped|
|Fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon, peeled, finely chopped|
1) Soak 24 bamboo skewers (12 inches long) in water overnight.
2) Cut the chicken breasts into 1 1/2-inch cubes and place them in a bowl.
3) In another bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients.
4) Pour the marinade over the chicken and toss well.
5) Let marinate covered for 1 to 2 hours at room temperature.
6) Prepare hot coals for grilling or preheat the broiler.
7) Thread 2 pieces of chicken onto each skewer and reserve the marinade.
8) Wrap the remaining exposed skewer with a small piece of aluminum foil so that it doesn't burn while grilling.
9) Grill or broil the skewers 3 to 4 inches from the heat until the chicken is just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Brush occasionally with the remaining marinade.
10) Serve hot or at room temperature with any dip of your choice.
Calories 218 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.4%
Saturated Fat 0.58 g2.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.8 mg33.3%
Sodium 427.7 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.19 g0.77%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 40 g80.6%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 5.2%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet