Oriental style Spinach
|Fresh spinach leaves||2 Pound|
|Peanut oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce/Dry sherry||To Taste|
1. Place the spinach in a colander and wash thoroughly under running cold water.
2. Drain well.
3. In a medium sauté pan, heat peanut oil over moderate heat.
4. Add the spinach and toss in the oil until wilted.
5. Sprinkle a generous pinch of salt over the spinach and sauté for about 3 minutes, or until water has evaporated and spinach is cooked.
6. Stir in soy sauce or sherry according to preference.
7. Dish out immediately into a bowl.
8. Serve hot as a side to rice, grills or roasts. You can also use it to make a salad.
Calories 152 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 435.5 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 7 g13%
Vitamin A 425.3% Vitamin C 106.2%
Calcium 22.5% Iron 34.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet