Khoresht Ghormeh Sabzi
|Grape seed oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Limu-omani powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Limu-omani||5 Small (peirced)|
|Turmeric powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red kidney beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried fenugreek||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), soaked (for 20 minutes)|
|Kosher salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||2 Medium, cubed (1 inch peices)|
|Onions||1 1⁄2 Medium, chop|
|Coriander leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Scallions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Italian parsley||3 Cup (48 tbs), chopped finely|
|Spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (4-5 cups if needed)|
1. Chop the onions; cube the chicken into 1 inch pieces, set aside.
2. In a bowl soak the dried fenu greek for 20 minutes in water.
3. Finely chop the coriander leaves, Italian parsley, spinach and scallions
4. In a large pan, saute onion in 3 tablespoons oil on medium heat, brown onions for 3-5 minutes to soften.
5. In another pan add 3 tablespoon of oil and saute the green herbs over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Add chicken, salt, turmeric and pepper to the onions and, saute the chicken until brown.
7. Once the chicken has browned well pour in the water, kidney beans and dried limu-omani, bring it to a boil on medium high, once it reaches to a boil lower the heat and cover and simmer 10 minutes.
8. Once the herbs are done, add the sauteed herbs and limu-omani powder to the chicken. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours over low heat. Stir occasionally.
9. After 1 ½ hour, check to see if beans are tender. Taste and adjusts seasoning.
10. Serve with steamed rice.
If not serving immediately, keep warm in a covered casserole dish in a 165° oven.