Oriental Steak Skillet
|Beef round steak||5 Pound (1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Condensed beef broth||31 1⁄2 Ounce (3 Cans, 10 1/2 Ounces Each)|
|Onion||1 Large, cut into thin wedges|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned water chestnuts||16 Ounce (2 Cans, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Green peppers||3 , cut into strips|
|Soy sauce||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||6 , cut into wedges|
|Hot cooked rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Cut steak in wide strips.
2) Combine flour with pepper and coat the meat.
3) Heat shortening and brown the meat in it.
4) In a Dutch oven, place the meat, add broth, water, onion, and ginger, cover and cook for 45 minutes or until meat is tender.
5) Slice water chestnuts and stir in the meat along with green pepper.
6) Blend flour with soy, add to the meat, cook until thick and bubbly.
7) Stir in tomatoes and heat through.
8) Serve over hot cooked rice.
Calories 780 Calories from Fat 334
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.6%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.7%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1749.5 mg72.9%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 76 g151.2%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 80.5%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet