Beef and Pineapple Kebabs
|Rump steak||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Pineapple cubes||12 (Use Fresh Or Canned)|
|Rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (To Serve)|
|For the marinade:|
|Pineapple juice||4 Tablespoon|
1. To make the marinade in a bowl mix well together the molasses or treacle, pineapple juice, vinegar and oil with a little salt and some pepper.
2. Make 2.5 cm / 1 inch cubes out of the steak and add to the marinade.
3. Leave in a cool place with cover for at least 1 hour.
4. Remove the steak and in a small jug set aside the marinade for basting the kebabs.
5. Quarter the tomatoes, peel and then cut the onions into small chunks.
6. Core and seed the green pepper and then cut the pepper into squares.
7. On to 4 long or 8 short skewers thread the steak, tomatoes, onions, pepper and pineapple chunks alternately.
8. Brush with the reserved marinade, under a hot grill cook for 10 minutes, turning frequently and basting with the marinade.
9. Top with the remaining marinade and serve with plain rice on top.