Marinated Steak Kebabs
|Sirloin steak||1 Pound (Weighed Without The Bone)|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Cracked black pepper||2 Tablespoon|
1.To begin prepare the steak for marination, clean and cut the steak into small bite size cubes.
2. In a small bowl place the steak cubes and add the wine, 2 tablespoons of oil, soy sauce and garlic. Mix well.
3. Allow the steak to marinate for 2 hours. All the ingrediants should immerse and be absorbed into the meat.
4. After 2 hours, towel dry the steak peices using paper towels.
5. Rub the cracked pepper onto the surface of the steak cubes.
6. Set a ceramic browning plate or an equivalent oven rack at the highest temperature for 4 minutes. The surface to be smoking hot.
7. Pour 2 tablespoons of oil on the hot rack and place the steak peices on it.
8. Brown on both sides for 2 minutes each.
9. The steak should be rare in the centre.
10.Serve with a sweet or chilli dip. Make steak baguette or sandwiches.
11. Insert serving toothpicks and place on tray. Cocktail snacks.
Calories 344 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.1%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.3 mg17.8%
Sodium 273.9 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.2%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 24 g48.4%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 21.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet