Monkfish Kebabs With Coral Island Sauce
|Monkfish tail||1 3⁄4 Pound (800 Gram)|
|Smoked back bacon rashers||8 , rinded|
|Fruity olive oil||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Freshly ground white pepper||To Taste|
|Muscatel/Similar dry white wine||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter)|
|Cornflour||10 Milliliter (2 Level Teaspoon)|
|Tomato concentrate||5 Milliliter (1 Level Teaspoon)|
|Creamed coconut||1 1⁄2 Ounce, chopped (40 Gram)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Fresh tomato||1 (For Garnish)|
1. Remove the central bone from the monkfish tail by severing the flesh from each side to give 2 fillets.
2. Halve each fillet lengthwise and cut each section into 14 bite-sized chunks to give a total of 28 pieces (7 for each kebab).
3. Halve the bacon rashers crosswise to give 16 pieces.
4. Wrap each bacon piece around one chunk of monkfish. Thread the bacon-wrapped monkfish pieces alternately with the remaining unwrapped fish chunks on to 4 dried fennel stalks, or wooden or bamboo skewers, starting and ending with a bacon-wrapped piece.
5. Evenly space the kebabs around the edges of a large heatproof plate or shallow dish. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper. Cover loosely with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 8-9 minutes, giving the dish a quarter turn halfway through the cooking time. The bacon should be cooked and the fish white and firm.
6. Remove the kebabs and wrap them in foil to keep warm while making the sauce. Pour off the fish and bacon juices into a heatproof measuring jug.
7. Make up the quantity of cooking juices to 300 ml (1/2 pint) with white wine. Mix together the cornflour and tomato concentrate and add this to the liquid with small pieces of the creamed coconut. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring vigorously to distribute the ingredients halfway through the cooking time, until the sauce is hot and thickened.
8. Stir freshly chopped parsley into the hot sauce and season to taste.
9. Serve one kebab for each person on a pool of sauce garnished with tomato if wished.
Calories 379 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.9%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.6 mg16.5%
Sodium 149.8 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.68 g2.7%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 44 g88%
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 18.2%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet