|Long grain rice||12 Ounce (375 Grams)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), roughly chopped|
|Hot red chilies||1 , deseeded and roughly chopped|
|Skinless chicken breast fillets||1 Pound, cut diagonally into thin strips (500 Grams)|
|Peeled cooked prawns||8 Ounce (250 Grams)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon (Or More To Taste)|
|Spring onion||2 (For Garnish)|
1) In a large saucepan, rinse and place the rice with cold water. Add 1 teaspoon salt, allow to boil , stir and simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes until the rice is tender.
2) Drain, refresh under cold running water and drain thoroughly, then keep aside to cool.
3) In a bowl, beat the eggs, salt and pepper together.
4) In a small frying pan, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil , pour over the eggs and cook until golden below and the top is firm.
5) Slide out, roll and allow to cool with seam side down.
6) In a wok or a deep frying pan, crush and saute the onion, garlic and chilli in rest of the oil for 1-2 minutes .
7) Add and stir-fry the chicken for 3-4 minutes, then stir in the prawns and soy sauce, stir-fry until the chicken is soft.
8) Stir in the cold rice and toss over a high heat until the rice is thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper and little soy sauce to taste.
9) Spoon the rice into a serving dish, garnish with the omelette rings and spring onions.
Calories 573 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.3%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 160.7 mg53.6%
Sodium 601.1 mg25%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.93 g3.7%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 43 g85.5%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 13.4%
Calcium 4% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet