Black Bean Kebabs
|Dried black beans||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , very finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Red chili||1 , deseeded and finely chopped|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Mixed cherry tomatoes||24 (Red And Yellow Ones)|
1. In a large bowl soak the beans covered with cold water overnight and then in a colander rinse the beans well under cold running water.
2. In a large saucepan bring beans covered in fresh water to a boil vigorously for about 10 minutes, then lower the heat and simmer for 40-50 minutes such that the beans are tender.
3. Drain well transfer to a bowl and set aside.
4. In a frying pan heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and cook the onion, garlic and chili gently for 5-10 minutes, such that the onion is softened and not colored.
5. Add cumin and ground coriander and cook for about 1-2 minutes more.
6. Take a bowl and transfer the onion and spice mixture.
7. Then add the drained beans along with fresh coriander and mash well.
8. Roll the mixture into 24 balls.
9. With a potato peeler make lengthways thin strips out of the courgettes and brush with the remaining olive oil.
10. On to metal skewers thread the bean balls, alternating with the cherry tomatoes and weaving the courgette strips in between them.
11. On a well-oiled barbecue grill over moderately hot coals cook the black bean kebabs for about 4 minutes on each side.
12. Serve hot with rice.